DOWNLOAD: In Flagranti - Worse For Wear (Punks Jump Up Remix)
European duo In Flagranti has made full-length disco/electro albums entirely dedicated to soft-core porn (2009's Brash & Vulgar). Next up: A disco/electro full-length dedicated to pre-Giuliani New York City, when Times Square was packed tight with, yes, that's right, porn. Perhaps Paris-based Sasha Crnobrnja and Switzerland-based Alex Gloor have something on the brain? In this case, it's really more to do with a time when New York City was bedecked in spray paint, spewing out dozens of different types of music into the same intersection. For their remix of In Flagranti's "Worse For Wear," the title track of their forthcoming album, similarly binational (Sweden and the UK) London-based duo Punks Jump Up are the most dedicated to that vision. With their generous doses of handclaps, bleating, zig-zagging saxophone lines, hand drums, and obviously, cowbell, they come closest to evoking a bygone era of musical miscegenation, brick-filled abandoned lots, and roller skates.
Related RCRD LBL Posts
- DOWNLOAD: Punks Jump Up - Blockhead (SymbolOne Remix)
- DOWNLOAD: Golden Bug - LookLookLook (In Flagranti Remix)
- EXCLUSIVE NEW DOWNLOAD: Crystal Fighters - I Love London (In Flagranti Vintage Mix)
- DOWNLOAD: Ladytron - Ace of Hz (Punks Jump Up Remix)
- DOWNLOAD: KUDU - Let's Finish (Sinden Remix) + I Led 3 Lives - Curious Red (In Flagranti Remix)